Other people’s feelings aren’t your problem

Words are super powerful; they can build or destroy someone. Really think about what you’re saying, how you’re saying it and whom you’re saying it to.

I consider myself someone who can be brutally honest without sugarcoating things. Some would say I’m an a..hole and that’s ok. I strongly believe that people need to hear the truth. I’m like this because this is exactly what I ask from people, to tell me the truth no matter what. This works for me, knowing that I can improve at something motivates me to get better. The sky is the limit!

 The problem is that nowadays, you can’t say anything to anyone without them being hurt. Why is that? Why do we need to not tell the truth? Just because people can’t handle it.

Let me tell you something, this is going to annoy a lot of people, but I don’t care: “Other people’s feelings aren’t your problem nor responsibility.”

Now, let me clarify what I meant so far, because things can go really down south from here. What I’m saying is this: be honest, don’t insult people because you think they are bad at something; don’t put them down. Newsflash, you’re not perfect either. Say something like this: “I know you can do better but now you’re being lazy. Your life can be so much more than this. I really think so. Tell me how can I help.”

 “What if my colleagues at work see me as toxic because of being truthful?”

I hate the fact that I have to write this but you can’t be completely honest with some people at work.

 


“Doesn’t that make me a person with a mask?”

Unfortunately, it does.

 “What are you suggesting I do?”

It’s safe to assume nobody gives a sh*t about you. I can hear people yelling “That’s not true!”. Yea ok, except family and your partner – maybe. That’s why you have to care about yourself. This means, at work you have colleagues, not friends, you display a professional behavior and that’s it. If someone at work is being toxic, you ignore them. Ignorance is 100% bliss.

Comments