Leading, guiding and helping people to achieve success offers a priceless satisfaction.

Leading, guiding and helping people to achieve success offers a priceless satisfaction.

After I studied and practiced coaching for a while, I started to talk a lot; which was a weird thing to me. I wasn’t someone who had a lot to say, mostly because I was anxious and introverted. Now, I can go on and on about stuff, but I don’t, unless the situation/person asks for it. Ah, yes and another really cool thing that I mastered, turning on and off my extroversion. I can be very friendly and talk to new people in social situations without any issues, while in the past it was a challenge.

I became a really good listener, paid attention to details and could remember exactly what someone said during a coaching session or discussion between friends. I started to really listen to understand what the other person is saying, instead of trying to think of an intelligent question to ask. 
Most people listen to reply and seem smarter, instead of listening to understand what that person is saying, maybe he/she is right and you can use their perspective in your own life.

I also learned the art of summarizing stories, well this wasn’t from coaching but I think some people actually need to learn this. I can tell you about a movie in 1 phrase. Can’t remember where I heard this, but it was something along the lines of… tell a short story, if people want to learn more they will ask for details. That’s what I’m doing. There’s no point in wasting people’s time and yours for that matter, telling them stuff they don’t care about or they don’t need to hear – useless information or information told at the wrong time.




After coaching, while improving and striving to become better, I came across leadership. It was pretty much “love at first sight.” I listened to Jocko Willink and David Goggins a lot. Their leadership skills inspired me to learn more, push myself, become disciplined, lead by example and share my knowledge.
It’s an amazing feeling to lead your team to success; I experienced this first hand. Guiding, leading and helping people to grow, offered me a great satisfaction. Instilling in them the “always improve” mentality was a huge accomplishment for me.

Right now, my goal is to inspire people to become better, to develop new skills, to learn how to handle difficult situations in a calmly manner, to teach them how to get after what they want and most importantly, how to Always Improve.

Comments